2014 CLASSIC CAR RAFFLE
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback (value of prize: $37,800)
Raffled by the Thunder Bay Historical Museum Society, Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Lottery License Number: M738045
AND THE WINNER IS:
PHILIP LIDDICOAT, TICKET #7042
Ticket Price: $15/each, 2 for $20 or 5 for $40
Email inquiries to: email@example.com
To purchase tickets: Tickets are now sold out. Thanks to everyone. (Must be 18 or over to purchase tickets. Winner is responsible for picking up the car or arranging for its shipping).
DRAW DATE: September 8, 2014, at 5pm
TICKET LOCATIONS: The car will no longer be viewable as tickets are almost sold.
Volunteer ticket sellers are welcome. Contact the Museum for more information.
Beautifully-restored to GT Equipment Group specifications in 2000, this 1967 Mustang Fastback is a joy to drive. Its numbers-matching 289cid V8, complete with a 4-barrel Motorcraft AFB carb, headers, working Boss hood scoop, and dual exhaust gives it superb acceleration, while a new electronic ignition ensures easy starts. Disc brakes help it stop on a dime.
An upgraded front suspension, extra leaf springs at the rear and traction bars make this car handle the road like few other Mustangs.
The odometer shows just 110,600 miles. A recent appraisal notes that the hood, doors and trunk are properly fitted and fender areas free of obvious imperfections. The metallic paint is in good condition with no signs of rippling or orange peel. A few, very minor, paint flaws on the hood can only be seen on close inspection. The colour is Candy Apple Red.
The black hood scoop (fully functional) and front spoiler were not standard on this car, but they look great. Also available for installation, should you wish, is a 1969 rear window louver.
Inside, a new deluxe black interior was installed when the car was restored a few years ago; a single tear on the front seat is the only obvious flaw.
This 1967 Mustang Fastback is a high quality, fully-restored, modern classic that begs to be driven. It’s been well maintained and reconditioned to keep it roadworthy, reliable and stunning to look at.
- Candy Apple Red exterior metallic paint
- Deluxe interior (door panels and console shift)
- 289 cid V-8 engine (with original 302 block)
- Big block shock towers (from a 1969 Cougar XR7)
- 10.0:1 Compression ratio
- 4 bbl Motorcraft AFB carburetor
- 225 horsepower @ 4,800 rpm, 305 ft-lbs torque @ 3400 rpm
- Dual exhaust with Thrush Mufflers
- Numbers-matching car
- 3-speed Cruise-O-Matic C-4 automatic transmission with floor shifter
- 2.79:1 Axle Ratio
- Rally rims, hubcaps and beauty rings with Cooper Cobra G/T Radial, white letter tires, 235/60 R14 (front and rear)
- Original radio
- Disc brakes, front and rear
- Mach 1 hood scoop
- Weight: 3,400 lbs
- Wheelbase: 108 inches
- Length: 183.6 inches
- Built in Dearborn, Mich: Factory price in March, 1967: $3,306
- Originally purchased in Ontario, stored for most of the 1980s and 1990s, and restored by the 4th owner in 2000
- Data Plate Code: 63A-T-2A-17C-81-0-W
The Thunder Bay Museum has always purchased its raffle cars, and has not acquired any via donation. However, should someone wish to explore the possibility of donating a car for a future raffle, please contact the Museum’s Director/Curator.
2002 RAFFLE (draw date Jan. 5, 2003)
- PRIZE: 1968 Ford Mustang GT
- WINNER: Cathy Osness, Dassell, Minnesota, USA
2004 RAFFLE (draw date Oct. 30, 2004)
- PRIZE: 1970 Ford Mustang Mach I
- WINNER: Gary Lafreniere, Kakabeka Falls, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible
- WINNER: Ryan Routsalainen, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1966 Ford Mustang hardtop
- WINNER: Alexa Brake, Toronto, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1980 Chevrolet Corvette
- WINNER: Norris Badanai, Murillo, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye
- WINNER: Jon Strapac, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1969 Pontiac Firebird Convertible
- WINNER: Karen and Craig Campbell, Thunder Bay, Ontario (Ticket #0765)
2014 RAFFLE (draw date Sept. 8, 2014)
- PRIZE: 1967 Mustang Fastback
- WINNER: Philip Liddicoat, South Gillies, Ontario (Ticket #7042)
Thanks to all who bought tickets. Your help makes our raffles successful.
Many thanks to the folks at OLDCARRAFFLE.COM for posting our raffle. Check them out for more classic car raffles.