Approximately every two years, the Thunder Bay Museum raffles off a classic car with proceeds going directly towards helping with the operation of the museum. The Thunder Bay Museum has always purchased its raffle cars, and has not acquired any via donation. However, should someone wish to explore the possibility of donating a car for a future raffle, please contact the Museum’s Executive Director.
2022 CLASSIC CAR RAFFLE
PRIZE: 1979 Firebird Espirit (Red Bird edition), professionally appraised at $27,000.00
This all original 1979 Firebird Espirit (Red Bird) is a beautiful cruiser which has only had one owner. Never winter driven, this car has always been garaged and is rust-free. The interior is in incredible condition. With one professional repaint, the two-paint with pin striping is in excellent condition. The restored snowflake wheels are like new. This car is fully optioned from the factory including T-Top roof and 301 c.i. V8 with 3 Speed Automatic Transmission. The factory radio was replaced with an aftermarket Concorde AM/FM, Cassette. This Red Bird Esprit would rate as a #2+ Driver.
Paint: Mayan Red with accent maroon below. Gold pinstripes and phoenix decals.
Glass: Windshield is Soft Ray Flo Lite. No chips, some pitting. Side and rear glass is original and with some scuffs.
Headlamps: Sealed Beam, original type
Tires: Front and Rear – 215 70R 15 BFGoodrich T/A
Wheels: Restored snowflake wheels
Chrome and Mouldings: Front and rear bumpers are in excellent condition. Antenna is chrome. All body emblems are excellent, as are all rubber seals and stoppers. Some whistle from the driver’s side window at speed. T-Top is in excellent condition and has not been removed while the Museum has owned the car.
Interior: Original looking- bucket seats with hobnail maroon fabric. Headliner has some imperfections. Trim and moulding in good condition. Rubber floor mats and carpet in good condition.
Mechanical: 301 c.i. V8 with 3 Speed Automatic Transmission. Engine bay is clean and well maintained. Has stock exhaust manifolds and a new muffler. AC may need recharge.
Frame and Underbody: Trunk floor is original looking, solid and rust free. Underbody is rust free.
Additional Information about the raffle:
- Tickets cannot be purchased for any of our raffles by, for, or on behalf of persons under the age of 18
- Prizes are awarded as stated; the winner must arrange to pick up or ship the car
- Prize value is $27,000.00 Prize includes applicable Provincial Sales Tax
- The draw will take place online during 2 September 2022 at 2:00pm EST
- Our raffle is licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Number of tickets available: 9,000
- Lottery Licence #: RAF1235007
Note: there is no residency restriction on participation by province or nation, however raffle tickets must be purchased in Ontario. See section 3.3.1 of the Lottery Licensing Policy Manual
For More information? Contact the Thunder Bay Museum, 425 Donald Street East, Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5V1, by calling (807) 623-0801, or email us us at [email protected]
- PRIZE: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
- DRAW DATE: May 1, 2021
- WINNER: Dan Zegers, Orono, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1969 Camaro RS
- DRAW DATE: September 4, 2018
- WINNER: Laura Delski, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1972 Corvette Stingray
- DRAW DATE: September 6, 2016
- WINNER: David and Barbara Manser, Thunder Bay, Ontario (Ticket #02804)
- PRIZE: 1967 Mustang Fastback
- DRAW DATE: September 8, 2014
- WINNER: Philip Liddicoat, South Gillies, Ontario (Ticket #7042)
- PRIZE: 1969 Pontiac Firebird Convertible
- DRAW DATE: September 23, 2013
- WINNER: Karen and Craig Campbell, Thunder Bay, Ontario (Ticket #0765)
- PRIZE: 1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye
- DRAW DATE: October 9, 2011
- WINNER: Jon Strapac, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1980 Chevrolet Corvette
- DRAW DATE: September 5, 2010
- WINNER: Norris Badanai, Murillo, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1966 Ford Mustang hardtop
- DRAW DATE: September 7, 2008
- WINNER: Alexa Brake, Toronto, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible
- DRAW DATE: October 21, 2006
- WINNER: Ryan Routsalainen, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1970 Ford Mustang Mach I
- DRAW DATE: October 30, 2004
- WINNER: Gary Lafreniere, Kakabeka Falls, Ontario
- PRIZE: 1968 Ford Mustang GT
- DRAW DATE: January 5, 2003
- WINNER: Cathy Osness, Dassel, Minnesota