Approximately every two years, the Thunder Bay Museum raffles off a classic car with proceeds going directly towards helping with the operation of the museum. The Thunder Bay Museum has always purchased its raffle cars, and has not acquired any via donation. However, should someone wish to explore the possibility of donating a car for a future raffle, please contact the Museum’s Director.
2020 CLASSIC CAR RAFFLE
PRIZE: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
Lottery Licence #: M835459
This beautiful 1969 Camaro is being offered for raffle, part of a series of muscle car raffles the Museum has held since 2002. This was once a show car in Ohio before coming to London, Ontario, in 2005. Before the Museum bought the car, it had only three owners in its history.
Professionally appraised at $44,500.
Price of tickets:
- 1 for $15
- 2 for $20
- 5 for $40
- 15 for $100
- 80 for $500
For More information? Contact the Thunder Bay Museum, 425 Donald Street East, Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5V1, by calling (807) 623-0801, or email us us at email@example.com.
1969 Chevrolet Camaro
Overview: The car is excellent in so many ways. It’s nicely-chromed engine was originally a 327 cid V8 but the current one is a 350 with period specific upgrades. Never winter driven and always garaged, the steel body is rust free. The hood is a steel cowl induction with no imperfections. The rear spoiler is original and all splash pans and body lines are straight and even with no dings or dents. The right front fender has an original antenna mounted. Door bottoms and underside of hood and trunk lids are very clean. Door locks are new. The front nose section has some minor imperfections in the paint and the hood on left rear corner sits a bit too high.
Paint: Lemans Blue in a base/clear
Glass: Windshield is Sun, Shade Solex with a top 3″ – 4″ heavy factory tint and full light tint. No chips. Side and rear glass is original and clear.
Headlamps: Halogen, no chips.
Tires: B.F. Goodrich black walls: P235/45R17″ 87H M&S (front); P245/50R 17″ 98H M&S (rear).
Wheels: Polished aluminum American Racing Tourque Thrust II with chrome nuts and centres with anodized valve stems.
Chrome and Mouldings: Front and rear bumpers are excellent. Grill and headlight trim is black. Right front wheel (stainless) has a minor crack but all other wheel wells are excellent. Some minor imperfections are present in the stainless trim. Wipers and antenna and chrome. All body emblems are excellent as are all rubber seals and stoppers.
Interior: Original looking. Bucket seats with headrests, rear seats, arm rests, and door panels are white vinyl and in excellent shape. Headliner and visors are black vinyl and in good condition. Black rubber mats and carpets and black dash are excellent. Console and shifter are excellent. Console front top has two built-in Pro Comp 2″ gauges. The car comes with a tilt column and a newer rubber coated 4-spoke steering wheel from the 1980s.
Mechanical: 350 cid V8 engine. Firewall, rad support and inner fenders are all detailed Gloss Black and without imperfections. All body bolts and washers are chrome or stainless. 327 valve covers are chromed as are the oil caps, 18″ breather, water pump, P.S. brackets, pulley, master cylinder cap, rad support braces, hood hinges and latches, trans oil dipstick, headers and fuel pump. Intake is a new Edelbrock 650 carburetor. Thermostat housing is polished aluminum with all braided hoses. Alternator is also polished aluminum. High flow water pump is chromed aluminum. Hood underside has four stainless steel filler panels installed inside of cutouts. Ignition is Mallory HEI with a Pro Master coil and performance wires. Heater hose brackets are billet. All brake lines under hood are chrome.
Frame and Underbody: Trunk floor is original looking, solid and rust free. Trunk area is detailed with original speckled finish. Rubber floor mat. Brakes have newer components. Front end A arms are by Hotchkis. All frame and floors are detailed black. Exhaust is 2.5″ aluminized duals with tailpipes. Rear end is a 355 posi track with chrome differential cover and air shocks.
Additional Information about the raffle:
- Tickets cannot be purchased for any of our raffles by, for, or on behalf of persons under the age of 18
- Prizes are awarded as stated; the winner must arrange to pick up or ship the car
- Prize value will be determined. Prize included applicable Provincial Sales Tax
- The winner does not have to be in attendance at the draw
- Our raffles are licensed by the Province of Ontario through the City of Thunder Bay
- Number of tickets printed will vary depending on the value of the prize
- Date of draw: At Fat Guy’s Auto Show on July 25, 2020
Tickets can be purchased in the following ways:
- 1) by cheque or money order or charge card number to the following address: Thunder Bay Museum 425 Donald St. E. Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5V1 Be sure to include the name that should appear on the ticket, your street address and telephone number. Make cheques payable to “Thunder Bay Museum”
- 2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (807) 623-0801 with your Visa or MasterCard number as well as its expiry date, the 3-digit code on the back, and the name on the card. Please indicate how many tickets you would like and be sure to include the name you want to appear on the ticket, the street address, and the telephone number.
- 3) Buy tickets in person at the Museum at the address above.
- 4) Visit one of the many ticket selling location we have throughout Thunder Bay. Call the Museum for details (807) 623-0801.