Approximately every two years, the Thunder Bay Museum raffles off a classic car with proceeds going directly towards helping with the operation of the museum. The Thunder Bay Museum has always purchased its raffle cars, and has not acquired any via donation. However, should someone wish to explore the possibility of donating a car for a future raffle, please contact the Museum’s Director.
2019 CLASSIC CAR RAFFLE is now complete.
The winner of the 1970 Dodge Challenger is Mr. Harvey Arola, (British Columbia, formerly of Thunder Bay) Ticket Number 13911
98.5% of tickets were sold. Thank you to all who bought tickets. We appreciate your support for our raffle and for the Museum. Apologies for the lack of a sound system at the draw. I know many of you who were there could not hear results of the draw.
PRIZE: 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Tribute
This 1970 Challenger was born with a 383 CID V8 but has been upgraded with a 440 CID V8 with several Mopar performance upgrades and all the R/T trimmings along with a Trans-Am hood. Considerable effort and time was spent on the engine and drivetrain but the interior has also been completely redone and looks like new.
Professionally appraised at $40,000.
Tickets are no longer available. Stay tuned to this site for information about future raffles.
Price of tickets:
- 1 for $15
- 2 for $20
- 5 for $40
- 15 for $100
- 80 for $500
For More information? Contact the Thunder Bay Museum, 425 Donald Street East, Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5V1, by calling (807) 623-0801, or email us us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information about future raffles:
- Tickets cannot be purchased for any of our raffles by, for, or on behalf of persons under the age of 18
- Prizes are awarded as stated; the winner must arrange to pick up or ship the car
- Prize value will be determined. Prize included applicable Provincial Sales Tax
- The winner does not have to be in attendance at the draw
- Our raffles are licensed by the Province of Ontario through the City of Thunder Bay
- Number of tickets printed will vary depending on the value of the prize
- Date of draw: To be Determined
For the next raffle, tickets can be purchased in the following ways:
- 1) by cheque or money order or charge card number to the following address: Thunder Bay Museum 425 Donald St. E. Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5V1 Be sure to include the name that should appear on the ticket, your street address and telephone number. Make cheques payable to “Thunder Bay Museum”
- 2) Email email@example.com or phone (807) 623-0801 with your Visa or MasterCard number as well as its expiry date, the 3-digit code on the back, and the name on the card. Please indicate how many tickets you would like and be sure to include the name you want to appear on the ticket, the street address, and the telephone number.
- 3) Buy tickets in person at the Museum at the address above.
- 4) Visit one of the many ticket selling location we have throughout Thunder Bay. Call the Museum for details (807) 623-0801.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T tribute
- Body style: 2-door hardtop
- Length: 191.5 inches
- Width: 76.5 inches
- Height: 51 inches
- Wheelbase: 110 inches
- Weight: 3,800 lbs
- R/T style trim with T/A fibreglass hood that has a large air intake
- Exterior colour: Top Banana (Bright Yellow) with black R/T side stripes
- Front chin spoiler, T/A type (dealer installed), and aerodynamic rear spoiler
- Chrome flip open race style cap
- Chrome racing mirrors on both sides
- Black vinyl roof
- Built at Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI
- Custom aluminum chrome wheels
- Front tires: 235/60/15 Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T
- Rear tires: 275/60/15 Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T
Engine and Drivetrain:
- 440cid V8 (original engine was a 383cid V8) Power: 400+ bhp
- Holley performance 4-barrel carburetor
- Dual exhaust
- Matte black air cleaner
- New Wilwood front disc brakes, rear drums
- Matte black air cleaner and valve covers
- No rust
- Rallye instrument cluster with a 150 mph speedometer, 8,000 rpm tachometer
- Clock and gauges for oil pressure, alternator, engine temperature and fuel
- Steering wheel has polished spokes
- High-backed bucket front seats, black vinyl
- Black interior trim with wood-grain inserts
- Transmission: Slap-Stick automatic with floor console and Hurst “pistol-grip” gear lever
- Odometer reading: 19,855 miles
- Aftermarket Pioneer sound system with original radio intact