Approximately every two years, the Thunder Bay Museum raffles off a classic car with proceeds going directly towards helping with the operation of the museum. The Thunder Bay Museum has always purchased its raffle cars, and has not acquired any via donation. However, should someone wish to explore the possibility of donating a car for a future raffle, please contact the Museum’s Director/Curator.
2018 CLASSIC CAR RAFFLE — NOW SOLD OUT. We thank all who bought tickets. Check back in September when the winner will be announced.
PRIZE: 1969 Camaro RS
This 1969 Camaro coupe has been nicely restored. The original engine is gone but a GM 355 cid crate engine takes its place with lots of performance parts. However, it’s still a very driveable car. It’s been given the full SS and Rally Sport treatment and, indeed, it could have been an original SS car but without the original engine and X code, we can’t be sure. The interior has also been restored with new seats (houndstooth, of course), dash and console. It has updated Sony sound system. Professionally appraised at $42,000, it’s been described as “not a show winner but very presentable and very clean.”
Tickets are no longer available!
Price of tickets:
- 1 for $15
- 2 for $20
- 5 for $40
- 15 for $100
- 80 for $500
Where to buy tickets? Tickets are available at the Thunder Bay Museum, 425 Donald Street East, Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5V1, by calling (807) 623-0801, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Tickets cannot be purchased for any of our raffles by, for, or on behalf of persons under the age of 18
- Prizes are awarded as stated; the winner must arrange to pick up or ship the car
- Prize value: $42,000 plus Provincial Sales Tax
- The winner does not have to be in attendance at the draw
- Our raffles are licensed by the Province of Ontario through the City of Thunder Bay, Licence #M786678
- Number of tickets printed: 15,000
- Date of draw: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 4:00pm
Tickets can be purchased in the following ways:
- 1) send a cheque or money order or charge card number and expiry date to the following address: Thunder Bay Museum 425 Donald St. E. Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5V1 Be sure to include the name that should appear on the ticket, your street address and telephone number. Make cheques payable to “Thunder Bay Museum”
- 2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (807) 623-0801 with your Visa or MasterCard number and its expiry date as well as the name on the card. Please indicate how many tickets you would like and be sure to include the name you want to appear on the ticket, the street address, and the telephone number.
- 3) Buy tickets in person at the Museum at the address above.
- 4) Visit one of the many ticket selling location we have throughout Thunder Bay. Call the Museum for details (807) 623-0801.
1969 Chevrolet Camaro
- Body style: 124379 (2-door, hardtop, coupe)
- Z22 Rally Sport option
- X22 style trim group
- SS hood
- Exterior colour: Daytona Yellow [original paint code 79 – Rallye Green)] with black LeMans stripes
- Front and rear spoilers
- Built in Norwood, OH
- Custom 17″ aluminum wheels: US. Mags
- Front tires: 235/45/R17 Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 (high performance all-season)
- Rear tires: 245/45/ZR17 Sumitomo HTR ZII (ultra high performance)
Engine and Drivetrain:
- 355cid GM crate engine
- Holley 750-cfm Double Pumper 4-barrel carburetor
- Aluminum heads
- March Performance aluminum pulleys
- Aluminum intakes
- Street Fire CDI Multi-spark ignition
- Twin exhaust
- Matte black air cleaner and valve covers
- Power: 425bhp (est.)
- Automatic floor-shift, 3-speed, Turbo Hydra-Matic transmission
- Brakes: power, front disks, rear drums
- New bumpers and bumper guards
- New paint
- No rust
- Custom interior code TR713 – black houndstooth (originally interior trim code 723 – midnight green)
- Tachometer, 6000 redline
- Console w/ gauges, dash clock, wood wheel
- Odometer: 90,227 (1,000km since restoration)
- Sony sound system: stereo MP3 player, speakers