CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Click on the job titles below to see a detailed job description, eligibility requirements, and application deadlines.
The Thunder Bay Museum is an equal opportunity employer and all positions are filled on a competitive basis. Resumes are welcome, but we cannot necessarily respond to all applications.
Please address all employment related correspondence to:
Dr. Tory Tronrud,
Thunder Bay Museum,
425 Donald St. E.,
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5v1
Job Title: Education Officer
Location: Thunder Bay Museum
Duration: Permanent, 35 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $41,000/annual + Extended Health and Dental
The Education Officer will be responsible for the development and implementation of educational and extension programs at the Thunder Bay Museum.
The Education Officer, who reports to the Director/Curator, is responsible for the overall development and implementation of educational and extension programs at the Thunder Bay Historical Museum Society, which means creating and teaching an ongoing program of educational activities for both children and adults. This includes, but is not limited to, school and group visits, adult classes, docent programs, lectures, outreach programs in the schools and the community at large, online postings on Flickr and other sites, as well as the production of audio-visual materials and kits. The Education Officer also co-ordinates the loan of exhibits and undertakes the provision of educational activities outside of the Museum. Some supervision of staff is required.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a graduate of a Post-Secondary degree program. Museum Studies and/or a Bachelor of Education would be preferred;
- Demonstrate first-rate teaching capability and excellence in public speaking and interpersonal skills;
- Have proven planning and organization skills;
- Have experience working with and motivating volunteers;
- Have practical computer skills (word processing, presentations & graphic design, and social media);
- Have a valid class “G” driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Have proficient oral and written communication skills in English (fluency in French would be an asset);
- Be able to manage multiple projects at one time;
Patience, persistence and an ability to work with others in good humour are desirable.
Applications: Resume with covering letter emailed or dropped off to: Dr. Tory Tronrud, Director/Curator, email@example.com
Deadline: Friday April 30th by 5:00pm