On a regular basis, the Thunder Bay Museum raffles off a classic car with proceeds going directly towards helping with the operation of the museum. The Thunder Bay Museum has always purchased its raffle cars, and has not acquired any via donation. However, should someone wish to explore the possibility of donating a car for a future raffle, please contact the Museum’s Executive Director.
Important Announcement for the 2023 Classic Car Raffle
Raffle tickets purchased on or before 10 February 2023 have been reissued to the provided email address with a correction. Important details regarding the raffle were previously missing from the tickets. All ticket numbers remain valid and unchanged so the integrity of the draw has not been affected in any way.
2023 Classic Car Raffle
Prize: 1966 Ford Mustang, professionally appraised at $46,000.00
Draw Date: August 12, 2023
Lottery Licence #: RAF1293325
The first-generation Ford Mustang was manufactured by Ford from March 1964 until 1973. The introduction of the Mustang created a new class of automobiles known as the pony cars. The Mustang’s styling, with its long hood and short deck, proved wildly popular and inspired a host of competition.
This original, automatic 1966 Ford Mustang has never been winter driven and is rust-free. The interior is in incredible condition. The exterior features a 90% original vintage burgundy paint. The wheels feature original, custom mag rims with tires in new condition.
Buy Your Raffle Tickets Now
- Glass: Factory tinted glass is in excellent condition. Some window trim has minimal damage.
- Mechanical: 302 Crate motor, recently rebuilt automatic transmission
- Frame and Underbody: Fully restored undercarriage in excellent condition with very nice steering and suspension, frame and new shocks.
- Interior: Original upholstery in excellent condition. Carpet, dash and door panels in excellent condition.
- Chrome and Mouldings: Chrome bumper in good condition, rocker panel moulding
- Tires: 14″ in new condition
- Wheels: Front and rear custom original mag rims in excellent condition.
- Paint: 90% original paint, vintage burgundy
Additional Information about the raffle:
- Tickets cannot be purchased for any of our raffles by, for, or on behalf of persons under the age of 18
- Prizes are awarded as stated; the winner must arrange to pick up or ship the car
- Prize value is $46,000.00 Prize includes applicable Provincial Sales Tax
- The draw will take place online on August 12, 2023 at 2:00pm EST
- Our raffle is licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Number of tickets available: 14,833
- Lottery Licence #: RAF1293325
Note: there is no residency restriction on participation by province or nation, however raffle tickets must be purchased in Ontario. See section 3.3.1 of the Lottery Licensing Policy Manual
Looking For More Information? Contact the Thunder Bay Museum, 425 Donald Street East, Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5V1, by calling (807) 623-0801, or email us us at [email protected].
Past Car Raffles
- Prize: 1979 Firebird Esprit, Red Bird edition
- Draw Date: September 2, 2022
- Winner: George Jones, Westport, Ontario
- Prize: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
- Draw Date: May 1, 2021
- Winner: Dan Zegers, Orono, Ontario
- Prize: 1969 Camaro RS
- Draw Date: Sept 4, 2018
- Winner: Laura Delski, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Prize: 1972 Corvette Stingray
- Draw Date: Sept 6, 2016
- Winner: David & Barbara Manser, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Prize: 1967 Mustang Fastback
- Draw Date: Sept 8, 2014
- Winner: Philip Liddicoat, South Gillies, Ontario
- Prize: 1969 Pontiac Firebird Convertible
- Draw Date: Sept 23, 2013
- Winner: Karen & Craig Campbell, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Prize: 1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye
- Draw Date: Oct 9, 2011
- Winner: Jon Strapac, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Prize: 1980 Chevrolet Corvette
- Draw Date: Sept 5, 2010
- Winner: Norris Badanai, Murillo, Ontario
- Prize: 1966 Ford Mustang Hardtop
- Draw Date: Sept 7, 2008
- Winner: Alexa Brake, Toronto, Ontario
- Prize: 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible
- Draw Date: Oct 21, 2006
- Winner: Ryan Routsalainen, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Prize: 1970 Ford Mustang Mach I
- Draw Date: Oct 30, 2004
- Winner: Gary Lafreniere, Kakabeka Falls, Ontario
- Prize: 1968 Ford Mustang GT
- Draw Date: Jan 5, 2003
- Winner: Cathy Osness, Dassel, Minnesota