Occasionally we hold also special dinners featuring prominent guest lecturers. These have proven to be exceedingly popular.
Contact the Museum for a complete list of this season’s topics or for more information about our ongoing lecture series. If you become a member of the Thunder Bay Historical Museum Society you’ll receive advance notice of all lectures.
Lectures at the Thunder Bay Museum (unless otherwise noted).
Refreshments will be served.
Tuesday January 28, 2013 at 7:30pm
Insights from Excavations at the mackenzie archaeological site
- Scott Hamilton and Douglas Yahn, lecturers
February 25, 2013 at 7:30pm
Wendell Beckwith: the mysterious man of whitewater lake
- Randy McAllister, lecturer
March 25, 2013 at 8:00pm
lighthouses of thunder bay
- Paul Morralee, lecturer
Just a few of the topics covered in the past include:
- The Sinking of the Titanic
- The Building of the CPR
- The Lake Superior/Lake Baikal Expedition
- Whalebacks or Pig Boats of the 1890s
- Waiting for the Indians at Fort Frances – The Significance of Treaty 3
- Pictographs of Agawa Rock
- Pioneer Aviation in Northwest Ontario
- Climate and History
- Thunder Bay’s Participation in the Spanish Civil War
- Graves of the Franklin Expedition
- The Early Days of Radio in Thunder Bay
- The Graveyard of Ships, Shipwrecks in Thunder Bay Harbour