Looking to make your child’s next birthday an unforgettable one? Bring your party animals to the Thunder Bay Museum for an afternoon of games and activities sure to make your child’s big day special!
The museum offers birthday parties for kids ages 5-11 from September – June.
What do I get with a Thunder Bay Museum Birthday Party Package?
- Exclusive 2-hour use of the party room. (For Theme Parties, the first hour will include games and activities facilitated by your host. The final hour can be dedicated to gifts, cake and exploring the galleries with adult chaperones.)
- Set-up and clean-up by Museum staff (excluding the clean up of kitchen dishes and utensils)
- A host to run the party games and activities
- Admission to the galleries for your guests (up to 10 children and 10 adults)
- 4 free passes so that your family can come back and explore the Museum on your own another day
- Party invitations
- Crown for the birthday child and name tags for guests
What themes are available?
- Play dinosaur-themed games, pretend to be paleontologists and put together a giant three-dimensional dinosaur fossil puzzle, and create a ferocious dinosaur paper bag puppet to take home
- Please note: The Museum’s Albertosaurus will only be on display March 16 – June 26, 2015
- Start by getting sparkly with face paint! Then create a feathered fascinator that’ll give your hair-do that Old Hollywood glam effect and a one-of-a-kind beaded bracelet to take home with you.
- Decorate your room AND yourself! Party guests will make a one-of-a-kind beaded bracelet and a fun Popsicle stick photo frame to take home with them. Then, it’s time to get sparkly with face paint!
- Quickly brainstorm the elements of a great fairy tale (maybe list a few of your favourites!) before painting your very own Story Stones and making a felt pouch to keep them in. Round out the party by playing a game of Fairy Tale Pictionary.
- Start the party by getting a fierce pirate name and learning to talk like a pirate. Then play a few pirate games and make a sailor’s knot key chain that even a pirate would be jealous of!
- You provide the inspiration and activities and we provide the facilities. There is no party host, crafts or museum programming included in this option. You still have the party room for two hours and access to all three floors of galleries.
What days & times are available?
Saturdays & Sundays (Dates are subject to availability)
- 1:30 – 3:30 pm
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- 2:30 – 4:30 pm
*All parties must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
What do I need to bring?
Cake, candles, matches, cake cutter, utensils, napkins, plates, cups, tablecloths (for two 8-foot tables), drinks, decorations. Limited use of the kitchen will be available to you, including the fridge, microwave and stove if needed.
What is the cost of a Museum birthday?
- $120.00 for a 2-hour theme party with host
- $90 Do-It-Yourself Party
- Museum members receive a 10% discount
Prices are subject to change without notice
IMPORTANT: Reservations and a signed contract are required for a birthday party. A $50.00 non-refundable deposit is required to secure the reservation. The balance is due the day of the party. We accept payment with cash, cheque, Visa and Mastercard (no debit – sorry!).
How many children can we invite?
We only have adequate space for 10 children maximum (including the birthday child) for the activities that we have planned. Please consider a Do-It-Yourself Party for larger groups.
Is a Museum tour part of our activities?
Our casual staff members, who host the party activities, are not historical docents and can therefore only give basic information about the Museum. A tour is not part of your scheduled activities.
How do I book a party?
- Begin by downloading the Museum’s Birthday Party Booking Package.
- Read the attached Terms & Conditions and fill out the Birthday Party Booking Form with your desired dates, times, and themes.
- When complete, email your forms to Catherine Caughell, Education & Outreach Coordinator.
We will check the availability of the party room and party hosts and respond to your request as soon as possible (typically within 3 business days). If you have any immediate questions or concerns regarding booking a birthday party at the Thunder Bay Museum, please feel free to contact Catherine at (807) 623-0801 ext. 16 or email@example.com.
Birthday Party Invitations
Click the links below to print invitations for your theme party! (It is recommended that you print your invitations on card stock.)